Thursday, August 17, 2006

Feeling Virtuous

Am feeling somewhat virtuous today. Yesterday I turned in a loooooong Holiday-present-themed magazine article--the lead was really driving me nuts. I hate sappy and everything read sappy. Now it may well be boring but at least it isn't sappy and at least it is done (for now anyway).
Went to the post office and mailed:
1. BIRTHDAY gift for my father. What do you get the man who has everything? I got him a kit that teaches you how to make sushi. He loves sushi and now he can make it at home--I hope!
2. BOOK to my SIL that I promised to send in May. Included in the package were her birthday card with a lottery ticket (GOOD LUCK E!) and tie-dyed shirts that the DD and I made for the DB and DSIL children.
3. RETURNED JACKET to my father that he sent to the DH. Arms were too short. Of course deeere ol' Dad is at least three inches shorter than the DH.
4. BIRTHDAY gifts to my very special friend who just turned the big 5OH!!!!! We have been friends forever. Hope she likes the presents--I sent toys, a panta and music. Would have loved to have attended the party but it was in New Zealand!!!
While I was in the p.o. I asked how much time should pass before I started to panic about my lost package to Australia. The clerk (very very nice man. An aside: there was an article about him in the paper he sings and performs as Big Bear) told me that in a few weeks I should bring in my reciept, my part of the customs form etc and they could try putting a trace on it. This is more helpful than the #%@$ at the post office in the neighboring town where I actually mailed said package. Last time I go there--now I know why the lines are always shorter!
I checked the Tote blog and saw that one of the other AWOL pacakges (mailed from Poland to the US) had shown up. This news also made me feel better.

Where were you?