At one point in my life in the not-so-long-ago past, I had sock aspirations. I thought of how cozy it would be to pad around my house in socks I had knit myself. I also thought the DD could wear socks I had knit for her, and--if she was having a tough day--she could look at her feet and know that she was loved. Since then I've had several thoughts:
1. I've got slippers; and
2. The DD better know that she is loved anyway.
Also, and most important in the practical sense, I tried figuring out how to make socks on my own and failed. Should the LYS ever offer a class, I'll take it. In the meantime I do have one of the world's most fabulous collections of sock yarn.
Any suggestions on what else I could make with this yarn? (Yes, I know I could save the yarn for when I know how to make socks but when I learn how, I'll want to buy more yarn...as it will be a special occasion!)
1 comment:
I have a magazine that has a bag made out of self-striping sock yarn - it's really pretty - but I don't know if I have the patience to knit a purse with a size 3 needle! You can make baby sweaters and hats - again, very small needle. I've made socks using the magic loop - but I really haven't become addicted to sock knitting.
Post a Comment