This year I participated in two Christmas swaps: Whoduknit? and Christmas Around the World. Evidently both my upstream partners--Irene in Denmark/Whoduknit? and Jamie in Canada/CATW--thought I belonged in the nice (rather than naughty) line and rewarded me accordingly. (And I won't tell them any different.) Both packages arrived a few days before Christmas and were stashed beneath the tree. I'll do this in the order of arrival.
Thank you so much to Irene for my wonderful Christmas swap package. As you can see she sent no end of treats. There were lovely knitting patterns (given the $ doldrums I have only lusted after Rowan patterns--how nice to have some) and a copy of our current read. Not only did she send a recipe, she also sent some of the cookies and the spices with which to make them. (Please note that cookies are not in photo...they were really good:)). Also included were lovely red hearts for the tree made by her mother, and candles made by her sons (who obviously inherited their mother's craftiness), plus she sent paper nisse and a woven angel from her childhood. This was a unique and thoughful box that--beyond the presents--made me feel included in a very special Danish Christmas.
My package from Jamie was no less spectacular. I received an incredible box of knitting goodies and just plain goodies for Christmas. There were knitting tools, teas, paper, cute cocktail napkins, three ornaments (2 snowflakes and a sweet little bear) a mug, yarn, needles, a chocolate orange (love those things), custom made Christmas CD, Christmas memories book, a beautiful knit hat and scarf for me and a really fabulous curly-cue ruffled scarf for the DD (who was thrilled to find out she had a package, too). The photos here are of the box's contents and of me and the DD in our Christmas Jamie-finery. (While we had a sunny and cold rather than white Christmas, it did snow a few inches last night.)
Thank you so much to Irene for my wonderful Christmas swap package. As you can see she sent no end of treats. There were lovely knitting patterns (given the $ doldrums I have only lusted after Rowan patterns--how nice to have some) and a copy of our current read. Not only did she send a recipe, she also sent some of the cookies and the spices with which to make them. (Please note that cookies are not in photo...they were really good:)). Also included were lovely red hearts for the tree made by her mother, and candles made by her sons (who obviously inherited their mother's craftiness), plus she sent paper nisse and a woven angel from her childhood. This was a unique and thoughful box that--beyond the presents--made me feel included in a very special Danish Christmas.
My package from Jamie was no less spectacular. I received an incredible box of knitting goodies and just plain goodies for Christmas. There were knitting tools, teas, paper, cute cocktail napkins, three ornaments (2 snowflakes and a sweet little bear) a mug, yarn, needles, a chocolate orange (love those things), custom made Christmas CD, Christmas memories book, a beautiful knit hat and scarf for me and a really fabulous curly-cue ruffled scarf for the DD (who was thrilled to find out she had a package, too). The photos here are of the box's contents and of me and the DD in our Christmas Jamie-finery. (While we had a sunny and cold rather than white Christmas, it did snow a few inches last night.)
I'm VERY lucky and know that I received a lot more than just gifts and presents from these two very special and giving women. Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas!
I see you have been a very good girl and how nicely your kind heart was rewarded!
Thanks for being such a wonderful Pal. I had so much fun getting to know you and finally "meet" you.
Here's to new friends and lots of knitting in 2008!
I wish health & happiness to you and your beautiful family :)
Post a Comment