Thursday, September 07, 2006

Canteen Bag is finished


I'm pretty pleased with how this bag turned out--tres cute. I originally started making this as Bag 2 for Tote 1, but then decided the two-tone effect and colors were too similar to the bag that I had already sent and thought once was lost but has now been found. (Hold on I could write a song...) Then my DD saw it and claimed it for her very own.

I did not use the yarn called for, which was a heavy worsted, and instead used a Paton's that was a slightly lighter weight. This accounts for the fact, I think, that my bag is a bit more diminutive than the one in the pattern photo. Don't ask about swatches. If I'd done a swatch, I couldn't have reveled in that stomach-twisting knitter's anxiety you get when you throw your knitted things into the washing machine!

I'm pleased with how the Paton's felted and will definitely use it again, but I do wish that the yarns had retained their pre-felted contrast.

The strap was a bit long so I cut in two so that it could be tied at the top to wear across the chest or adjusted to wear on the shoulder--one must have fashion options. I also added a button--for security reasons.

No comments:

Where were you?