I've also joined a Loose Knit Group where a different gift item is knitted each month. This month was a gift for the hands (i.e. wristwarmers, fingerless gloves, mittens etc.); looks like next month might be hats. My hope is that belonging to a looseknitgroup and the gift KAL (see below) will give me some focus and reinforce my knitting here. (And if I can't keep myself on track now, there is absolutely NO hope for me!) As a consequence I've taken a good hard luck at my UFOs and revamped my goals list a bit. The good news is that I've made some progress:
1. Fingerless mittens/wrist warmers for Swap-bot exchange (must be mailed by 1/15): DONE! Also finished a pair for moi. Took a picture of the pair for me and will post it when I know the recipient has received her package.
2. Hat for brother Peter's birthday (must be mailed by 1/29): CHANGED. Liked making the fingerless mitts so much I've decided to make him a pair of Dashing.
3. Hat for brother Alex's birthday (must be mailed by 1/30--no they're not wierd twins or something: they were born 4 years and 1 day apart): CHANGED. Found a really nice scarf (think the pattern is called Askew) in a very nice merino in the UFOs. Can't imagine why I stopped making this. Am back on it now, have been knitting like a fiend and should have it done tonight (she writes with fingers crossed). DONE!
4. Finish cabled lap robe for Ria (should be mailed in mid-February)-SAME.
5. Make 1 pair fingerless mittens for 2008 Christmas: DELETE having made fingerless gloves for swap bot, myself and the DD and changed the goal for #2. I think I'll soon be fingerless-gloved out.
On-line thoughts of me who at all time MUST BE..READING...KNITTING...EDITING...CHAUFFERING...DAYDREAMING...PLAYING or...OBEYED (remember Rumpole?)
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Knit Knews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That group sounds like fun - in fact I just joined!
And BTW - I don't usually do this, but it's been a slow week and you've been tagged! http://janevdoviak.blogspot.com/2008/01/7-random-facts.html
I joined too . . . I really need to finish something, anything.
Post a Comment