Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A new KAL

I've joined a new KAL: Knit All Year. The idea is that you list your gift goals each month so that you actually get presents made ahead of time. You can't list more than 5, and you can roll items over from month to month. Wow, what a concept. Does this mean no more abandoning a gift midway through (read what I have to say about my helleborous debacle in its entry at ravelry) in favor or a purchased present? We'll see!

Here are my current goals for January:
  1. fingerless mittens/wrist warmers for Swap-bot exchange (must be mailed by 1/18)
  2. hat for brother Peter's birthday (must be mailed by 1/29)
  3. hat for brother Alex's birthday (must be mailed by 1/30--no they're not wierd twins or something: they were born 4 years and 1 day apart)
  4. finish lap robe for Ria (should be mailed in mid-February)
  5. finish dreaded helleborus by Dec. 15. (that would be 2008...I think...my idea is to make at least one Christmas gift a month)

My hope is that this KAL will help me keep my ambitions in better (or at least more honest) alignment with my actual talents and timelines. On the other hand, I've been looking at the other lists (so tempting) and now have to ask myself if I've just discovered another group of enablers.

(If you're interested in joining, head on over there for all the details. Sign ups end Jan. 31, and I'm listed as SheWhoMust--there was already a Stephanie.)

No comments:

Where were you?